Oh wow! I have an answer. I went to go probe U7, the EEPROM, and discovered
that it has fallen off the PCB. All that was left was a single pin dangling
on a pad. I can see where the other chip legs used to be soldered on.There
must have been a defect during the SMT process.

So my next question is, is there a way to get a programmed EEPROM to fix my
BBB? Can I get an RMA? Or should I just buy a new one?