On 1 December 2015 at 21:43, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:41 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Or, how about using an eSATA enclosure ? they're not that expensive . .
>> .http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Aluminum-External-Enclosure-12-5mm/dp/B005B5G4S6
>>
>> eSATA enclosures also usually double as an USB enclosure as well. While on
>> the subject. eSATA is usually more performant when compared to USB, but that
>> can depend on the host controller as well.
>
> Or these:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MKKTWA
>
> pair up with an ssd, perfect for the x15..

Hi Robert,

Is the port on the X-15 eSATA or eSATAp [1]? The picture [2] says
eSATA, though since Gerald said USB 2 is also supported I guess it is
eSATAp.

If it is indeed an eSATAp port then the cable you suggested is the
best solution in my view because it provides power.
The follow-up question is how much power can the X-15 provide at 5 V
and at 12 V.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATAp
[2] http://beagleboard.org/newsletter/2015-11/