The web form is a mailto: form, so, yes, it just tries to use your
e-mail client. The form is there to help make sure you provide the
right information in the e-mail. This used to be much more common, but
now people typically setup some kind of database and create some kind
of e-mail output at the back end, if desired.

Is this really a big enough deal for me to create a back-end script
and have the server generate the e-mail?