The DS1302 are DS1307 most common, reasonably low cost.
Adafruit has breakout boards and drivers for the DS1307, so you could use
that as a reference design.
Both are I2C bus devices, independently powered from the bus.
Run for years from a little watch battery.

Old Dallas Semiconductor parts, now supplied by Maxim Integrated.

--- Graham

==