The point is I dont want to write code on the BeagleBone Black itself. Is it, lets say, possible to remote debug in qtcreator on host machine, but build on beagle? That is the case. I have always done it like this in eclipse:

build on host,
scp to beagle
remote run/ debug

Would this work in this case?