I use uio_pruss; I am not at all familiar with remoteproc + rpmsg for the pru (have never even seen any doc on it). I strongly prefer systemd to init. My largest concern is the device trees overlays (for uio_pruss and pinmux); if they work, then I think I can get SPIs going. I just got a BBB running on 8.2 (had a problem with the leds going out rather than all on when flashing finished). Am able to talk through USB. Can't run scite yet; probably need to work on x-windows.