Robert,

So the power button seems to indeed work (I'm now using
4.1.13-bone-rt-r17), but now (unlike in 3.8.xx), no directory is created in
/etc/acpi which holds the powerbtn-acpi-support.sh.  It seems as if that
/etc/acpi is now a file, rather than a directory, and it is the same as
what /etc/acpi/powerbtn-acpi-spport.sh used to be in 3.8xxx

This is all fine, but I can't figure out where and which file to modify to
create a custom shutdown script.  I've tried doing an "apt-get install
acpid", which then creates that directory and places the
powerbtn-acpi-support.sh file in the appropriate spot, but when I modify
the file nothing changes.

Thanks,
Erik