for whatever reason I could not get it to boot back into the uSD and it
started to go back to flashing(cylon eyes). I looked at the partitions and
there were only 2. After re-imaging the uSD card, I saw 4 partitions. And
while I was re-imaging I tried to boot from eMMC and it would not, the
failed flashing left the eMMC goofed up.

But the good news is, once I finished re-imaging, I booted and got back
into Ubuntu Snappy Core.  Another thing of interest is that while I held
down the S2/User/Boot button I didn't get any LEDs lit but it started
booting into the uSD card so I let go of the button. It took a minute of
booting/testing before it went to town and started loading from uSD(ie LEDs
ablaze).

I don't know why the 32G Samsung didn't work but I may have forgot what's
the max uSD size for BBB is.