> On Jan 2, 2016, at 06:57 , William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The ints and floats inside the loop are not a problem. Only one of each is
> allocated on the stack when the function is entered, and then they're
> assigned each time through the loop. Perfectly fine (and good practice for
> limiting the scope of variables).
>
> This would assume you know which compiler is being used, and you've actually
> disassembled the executable to see what the compiler does. Generally, it is a
> bad idea to assume you know what is happening. Because of this ambiguity, it
> is considered bad form.
>
> A while statement has no concept of scope. So main() has scope whether inside
> the while statement, or not.

I'm not sure what you think is going on in that code. A while loop most
certainly has a scope, in that the variables declared within the while block
are not visible before nor after the loop. Any compiler that accepts the syntax
(i.e. any modern C or C++ compiler) will treat that exactly the same as if the
variables were declared at the top of the function, except that the name will
only be visible within the loop.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com