I just got a new BeagleBone Black and have flashed Debian 7.9 successfully.
I was connected with USB to a Mac running OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite. I was using
a 5v 2A power adapter and a TP-Link TL-WN722N wifi adapter. I used both
with another BBB for about a year with no problems. I was in the process of
adding the Adafruit wifi-reset script to the startup services when the
BeagleBone died. Nothing else was connected.

Now whenever I try to boot the system, there is a single momentary flash of
of the power light and thats it.

Is this likely just bad luck on my part? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you
Fred Patrick