On Jan 17, 2016 12:20 AM, "Devendra Gupta" <devendra.devgu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks For the prompt reply Robert. I completely understand your point,
But this is not the case with ubuntu source code, the uncompressed version
takes around 600MB see below. Why the source code for Beaglebone black is
too large, Does it mean that the source i am getting is the main tree and
needs to be configured according to the Beaglebone config file.

Your comparing apples and oranges.

Ubuntu kernel source that you have their is just a shallow snapshot of the
Linux tree.

Whereas my script starts with the master git repo of Linux-stable, then
checks out the kernel tag and patches it.