Hi,
thank you very much for your response.
It does not says "XOpenDisplay failed" any more.
I'm able to make a connection with my BBB board.
Unfortunately I have another issue that I can't get rid of.

The screen that shows up is without anything (status bar, clock, start
etc.). The only thing I can do is a right click to show context menu. There
I can choose from couple of commands like run terminal, switch monitors or
run web browser. And those works - I can run the terminal or view web
pages. However I can't get to e.g. file browser.
It's the same when I run x11vnc and tightvnc.
I've went through couple of examples from the web and proposition of
solving similar problems. Nothing worked.

Could this be somehow connected to "headless" debian installation (the
monitor was never attached)?

regards,
Kuba