What do you want to do with those values? There are many possible
combinations of architecture,variant, part and revision, but only few
combinations actually exist, and they are explicitly mentioned and
supported in the kernel.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:24 AM,  <martin.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I've seen multiple places where it list that the BeagleBone Black uses
> Sitara AM355x,

Actually it's AM3358, probably (not 355x)

The CPU ID values read as follows:

> CPU implementer : 0x41
> CPU architecture: 7
> CPU variant     : 0x3
> CPU part        : 0xc08
> CPU revision    : 2

They are decoded in arch/arm/kernel/setup.c but after a superficial
search I couldn't find a table that lists all possible values, so I
guess you have to find the ones that are possible for you  and decode
the values yourself..

Here's a short answer, provided from a list of known, supported machines