I've been meaning to check out iverilog written by Stephen Williams for
quite some time. I finally got around to it and thought why not
install to the BBB in anticipation of the X15 that should be available
soon. I did a git install from
git clone git://github.com/steveicarus/ivtest.git
The only dependency missing was gperf; after installing this the
compilation proceeded seamlessly (but took awhile). I haven't had a chance
exercise it yet, but the idea of a whole bunch of BBB's each running
verilog and talking to each other strikes me as a bit of fun. Even more
fun might be if we could get it to run on C66x's in the imminent X15s (and
I pretend to hate acronyms?). Anyone else find this potentially
interesting?

For info:
> ver
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: 8.2
Codename: jessie
> uname -a
Linux BBB6 4.1.15-bone17 #1 Wed Dec 16 17:39:16 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux