I very much appreciate the reply.  I was accessing Cloud9 through eth0 not
usb0 so root access from the network was possible.  Were I only accessing
the BeagleBone over the usb network I wouldn't have been concerned.
However I remotely connected over port 3000 and saw a command line running
with root.

I tried chasing down the problem but found the Cloud9 IDE just too
convoluted to figure out.  I tried but failed to change the default user
and password in the configuration file referred to in my earlier post.  At
that point I simply killed Cloud9, and just used Byobu (tmux) terminals to
work with node.js.

In the latest build Debian r43 build Cloud9 is not installed by default so
it's all good.  Robert's little connmanctl tutorial post yesterday made
networking much easier than messing with /etc/network/interfaces.

Paul Wolfson, Ph.D., TX LPI, #A17473
Editor, TALI "The Texas Investigator"
Dallas Legal Technology
3402 Oak Grove Avenue, Suite 300-A
Dallas, Texas 75204-2353

*214-257-0984 (Tel)214-838-7220 (Fax)Send me an email. <pwolf...@dlglt.com>*
The contents of this email are confidential to the sender and the ordinary
user of the email address to which it was addressed, and may also be
privileged.  If you are not the addressee of the email, you may not copy,
forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form
whatsoever.  If you have received this email in error, please advise the
sender at  214-257-0984.  Thank you.