Hi,

I've got PRU0 of my BBB pulling in 12 Bytes of data from a ADC with a
sampling frequency of 31250hz.

I want to stash all of this data in an array that lives in DDR memory.  I
would like to make the array 0x4000 bytes (16kB) large.  This would give me
1365 12 byte records and about 43ms of data to play with.

I'm currently using prussdrv_map_extmem() to hook me up with the DDR
memory.  It provides me with a memory block that is 256kB, so I have plenty
of room.

The question I have is... can I count on the physical address in this 256kB
block of memory to be contiguous?

I'm pretty new to linux memory management, but I see that the "page size"
is only 4kB... so I imagine that the virtual memory system might chop my
256kB block up into bits which might not necessarily have contiguous
addresses.

If I can count on contiguous addresses, this radically simplifies the
memory access code in the PRU.  If I can't... well, then I can't, and I've
got to figure something else out.

When I run experiments I see that the physical addresses are contiguous,
but are they guaranteed to be? or has this just been "lucky"?

Thanks,

Bill