There is a manual for the C compiler and the assembler:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/PRU-ICSS

The links are on the right side of the page.

Some of the PRU hardware specific registers are accessed via a large union
in a header file.  It uses structs with "bit fields" so you can easily
access individual bits in the register.
Look for a header file called pru_cfg.h.  But specifically to your
question, I'm still trying to figure out how the PRU input and output
registers R30 and R31 are done in C, as I
don't see those called out in the header file (in information overload at
this point!).

Regarding the scratchpad, I believe it can't be accessed via C.  However,
you can embed assembler codes into C source code.
If you go here:

https://training.ti.com/sitara-processors-building-blocks-for-pru-development-summary

Download the firmware development slides and look at page 8.

Regards,
Greg