Where can I find it (and set it)?

I'm right now trying to collect voltage readings using beaglebone's
internal adc using a bash script and a while loop. Right now the data
collection is clocking at around 33 microseconds, but I know that the
internal adc should be able to collect data as fast as 5 microseconds. What
should I do to make that happen? Is the problem with making while loops
move faster, or is it about setting the adc configurations?

This is my bash script:

#!/bin/bash

#echo cape-bone-iio > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.*/slots

t0=$(date +%s%6N)

while true; do
   t1=$(date +%s%6N)
   rawVal=$(cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/in_voltage0_raw)
   voltage=$(bc -l <<< $rawVal/4095*1.8)
   time=$(expr $t1 - $t0)
   echo $time $voltage
done