Wow, didn't mean to start a war!

Libpruio looks great but as mentioned, no C# version. I'll have a look at
that utility mentioned above for converting to other languages.

I don't know anything about mmap, I'll have to google that.

As it is the app I'm working on only needs to read the ADCs once per second
and the low passes are working so well I just take the average of 10
samples in a row (something like 16ms for three ADC 10x each). Even once
per second is overkill (the process change is quite slow - like 5-30
minutes from one extreme to the other).

Anyway, faster sampling was so that I could make a rudimentary oscilloscope
for playing around with low pass filter configurations. Just using the
default BB-ADC overlay I get some 800+ samples per second (which I'm sure a
lot are probably reading the same value multiple times) and it does give me
all the info I need for tuning up the input filters.