Hey Jason,
I am working on a release.  Initially I will just supply a image for sd
card, it has compiled system and source both on it.   Due to fact some may
not want to pay for the Maxim evaluation board,

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/maxim-integrated/MAX98089EVKIT%23WLP/MAX98089EVKIT%23WLP-ND/2708761
 I'm going to work on a release that simply makes use of  linux alsa amixer
oriented audio so usb and other generic alsa devices can play music.

It will be  a few days. Before I can do this.    The alsa-soc platform /
machine source code will be in a different package.   This code is a bit
revolutionary as it doesnt care about I2C communications with codec.   The
I2C or if codec has USB FTDI capability, volume, eq controls are handled
from user space code.   What that means is one may very well be able to use
any codec that meets our devices ( the beagle/codec)  I2S clocks and pin
usage assignments.   This code works great, perhaps with some extra
capabilities added in,  gone will be the days of needing custom devicetree
 alsa-soc platform/machine code for each particular codec.  At least on the
am335x thats our goal.

Jay