I've got a BBB running Debian 3.8. My WIFI dongle is a TPLink TL-WN722N
(one of the recognized/working dongles).

I'm running into the following issue. When I have eth0 connected, my wlan0
connection works great. When I remove my eth0 connection, my wlan0
connection no longer works. By no longer works I mean I can't ping/ssh into
the device. With eth0 connected, I can do both things using the wifi
connection.

I've posted my network interface file below. I've never run into an issue
like this before. Anybody have any ideas?

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
#auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.19
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.0.1
        metric 100
        dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

# Example to keep MAC address between reboots
#hwaddress ether DE:AD:BE:EF:CA:FE

# The secondary network interface
#auto eth1
#iface eth1 inet dhcp

# WiFi Example
auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
#iface wlan0 inet dhcp
face wlan0 inet static
        wpa-ssid SSID NAME
        wpa-psk SSID PASSKEY
        address 192.168.0.21
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.0.1
        dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

# Ethernet/RNDIS gadget (g_ether)
# ... or on host side, usbnet and random hwaddr
# Note on some boards, usb0 is automaticly setup with an init script
iface usb0 inet static
    address 192.168.7.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.7.0