One more thing, you may want to look at /driver/pinctrl/pinctrl-single.c as
this is where the pinmux gets set.You could also use dynamic tracing to help
find the responsible routine. Look in /Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt.
Probably a little bit of trial and error will be needed to narrow down this
problem.

Regards,
John