> On Mar 30, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Wally Bkg <wb666gre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious as to difference between the Beaglebone Console and IOT images
>> and the reason(s) for choosing one over the other.
>>
>> Even on my BBW I prefer an lxde or lxqt image as I like to be able to do ssh
>> -X for things like gedit or geany from time to time, and I like the easy
>> back-up and/or cloning of SD cards over flashing eMMC, but I'd like to know
>> when an alternate image might make sense.
>
> The iot image = lxqt image - lxqt/xorg...

I believe 'ssh -X' should still be useful for you since you'd be running the X
Server on your host and don't need it on the Bone.

To take this a bit further, I wonder how X11 in the browser is these days:
* https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/webx11/
* https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zJ8TNcWTyo&autoplay=1
* https://magcius.github.io/xplain/article/