Hi all,

The problem seems to be influenced by the outside power supply.

I run Debian Jessie with kernel 4.1.15-ti-rt-r43 on an 1month old element14
BBB (where do I find the revision??) and have the same issues.
The BBB is getting its power from a custom carrier board which has a DC-DC
on. Doing a cold start by plugging the battery in, the Ethernet is hit and
miss (more miss than hit).
Pressing the reset button got it working every time so far.

The DC-DC isn't running perfect yet, as it only got the theoretical values
in and is not optimized yet.

Regards

Ralf