That's what I figured William. As far as I can tell, I am doing the open
and write and read like I have with C and as described in
https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/inputoutput.html#reading-and-writing-files.
However, I am not getting any error message when I do the open for writing
and do the write, just that the file is not getting created and written. It
should be so straightforward but it's not working.
John