Hello!

I have kernel version 4.1.10-bone16 with the same issue as pbft. I tried
following the "Compatibility issues section".
I did the following and rebooted:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wlftw9U6j_o/VwSxCauXgaI/AAAAAAAAA78/NrI5qjWwj0oJBjdPV_gAevRTjtOxcGm3A/s1600/Capture.PNG>

When I load  BB-UART5 and check dmesg I get the following:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qwyLvKl00UE/VwSxtwkdgxI/AAAAAAAAA8E/WxbhGLFymgQo0v5UzBG2FpTeGhRAzzbKA/s1600/Capture.PNG>

I also tried adding the line "Disable: HDMI" to uEnv.txt, but didn't change
the behavior.

What am I missing here? My final objective is actually to disable the HDMI
to use the pins for the PRU.

Thank you very much for the help! It is quite impressive that almost every
post I see about beaglebone I see the name Robert Nelson.