So no one has any idea ? I'm looking for the module, that traps power
events, and shuts down the BBB. All I need is a file name. It's pretty hard
making sense of the mess that is /drivers/mfd, and the documentation does
not seem to be helpful either.

Documentation/power/regulator/charger-management.txt does not exist in my
repo, nor in Linus' repo either. There is a similar file, but nothing
apparently related to our hardware. Passed that, most of the stuff int the
Documentation/power directory seems to be related to ACPI, which again, has
nothing to do with even our architecture . . .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqNNeWN9uW_WDsTQC%2BNuArTq%2BtjGMVO5a%2Be-S6cyDk21w%40mail.gmail.com.