> *After further testing, if you create a /dev/uio directory before*
> * trying to load a uio driver (like the PRU driver), everything works*
> * fine.  Interestingly, there are *NO* symlinks actually generated in*
> * the /dev/uio directory, but the simple fact that it exists seems to be*
> * enough to keep the systemd-udevd processes from chewing up tons of CPU*
> * until they get killed.*
>
> * So the solution seems to be one of:*
>
> * * Create a /dev/uio directory*
>
> * * Remove the SYMLINK line from /etc/udev/uio.rules*
>
> * I'm not enough of a udev guru to know which is the better option, but*
> * removing or commenting the SYMLINK line in uio.rules seems like the*
> * better choice, since there aren't any symlinks generated anyway.*

I'm not an expert Charles, but I think the symlink should be removed from
the udev rules file, and when various drivers that require uio are
installed via *however* the "vendor" needs to include their own *.rules
file. That's how it's done already in many cases.

As creating a directory structure in the /dev/ directory tree probably is
not a good idea if it never gets used, or even just isn't installed.
Because it could be a potential cause of confusion.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpvX3CzLTTiw73yQMaFRq%2Ben80Tsw%3DRxznqpcOrNThGHw%40mail.gmail.com.