You're welcome Rick, and hey it will benefit me too in the future. Also
just to make sure you notice I switched back to 4.1.x

william@beaglebone:~$ uname -r
4.1.18-bone-rt-r19

The problem with 4.4.x is that I've been gettign all kinds of strange
behavior from it, that I could not nail down. Then today( maybe you saw my
posts ) I was able to finally nail down a specific issue with capemgr. I'm
not sure what eactly is causing the problem, but there is a problem there
*somewhere*.

So for now, I'm back to 4.1.x

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrJnsVu_c1KuKF3xpRyiQF%3D8QXe%2BCuA0fHDkN0FKACx9g%40mail.gmail.com.