The main concepts remain the same. What has changed is TI are moving to use
standard API’s instead of some of the custom API’s they used in the past. For
example one of the chief improvements over 4.1 they are making is to introduce
a irqchip, so that client users can use standard irq handling API instead
of the custom API in 4.1. TI should be introducing this in their 4.4 TI
Processor SDK release. We however should have access to the update in a few
weeks.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/D6171C45-AE59-4A18-AA78-83F7A1E0A57D%40gmail.com.