Hello.

I am hacking on the driver for the tlv320aic3x audio codec. I'm
cross-compiling the kernel using the scripts at
https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel.

What I'm doing is editing the code in
KERNEL/sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic3x.c, running tools/rebuild.sh and then
copying KERNEL/sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-tlv320aic3x.ko to my BBB in
/lib/modules/4.4.9-bone-rt-r10/kernel/sound/soc/codecs. This works and the
module loads and runs fine. However, running tools/rebuild.sh sometimes
takes a really long time. Is there a quicker way to compile and load a
module, can anyone suggest a better workflow?

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/247ca477-8da2-42d9-bb17-dabcc64ca476%40googlegroups.com.