That's correct, every pin is configured.  And the load the driver for PWM,
or SPI, or ... but it is not configured to load the OneWire driver for the
pin.  All of the config-pin options are for standard drivers.  The point
is, if you want to use the pin to another device that is not a built in
device then one needs to do something different.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b53b6116-848f-4e97-8f68-34164f115300%40googlegroups.com.