> *All design is a trade of, if you can control your environment that is the
> best of all possible words,no lighting strike's, no one using there cell
> phone's 2 cm away from you board,  clean air,no toxic chemical attacking
> your connector's to deal with.And of course if you can afford the very best
> Mil speck parts, that's even better.But most designers are not in that
> boat, and need to do the max with the lowest cost.that where the hard work
> is.*
> *Lachlan*

Exactly. Plus many people would view having to replace a part every couple
years as a potential source of income - From service calls. I can say
though that for our own application. Where out boards would be deployed.
Power outages may not be impossible, but usually are dealt with
immediately. Also, backup generators are typically in place too. So a
single LiPO battery is just a low cost added bit of insurance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORo9hDo0ur7Vgi-S9%2BxNEi1Jr9gyhARZEXRKx2zR3pcM7Q%40mail.gmail.com.