Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to use beaglebones for future projects. My job
supplied my with 7 previously used ones (1 beaglebone black and 6
beaglebone whites) in order to get started working on them. However when I
tried to plug the bbb into a computer via micro USB cable only the power
LED lit up and it only flashed a single time. The board also wasn't
recognized by my computer (after having installed the drivers). I then
tried with the other 6 beaglebone whites and they did the exact same thing
as the black.

I have heard of these being very fragile when it comes to being powered and
being shut down but I still can't think of anything that I did wrong. I
also tried plugging them into a nearby desktop's USB ports and then an
adafruit 5v power supply but they did they same thing each time.

What I need to know now is, are these boards all dead? Is there something
from what I just described that would break these devices? And is there
some sort of diagnostics that I can run to determine if they're still
functioning?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/28e1e298-3ac9-4d5a-a3ab-05ae08821f5c%40googlegroups.com.