@William
Thank you!  I really appreciate you sharing your approach.  Your clarification
that the uio_pruss/remote_proc issue lies in the choice of kernel, not the
version is a subtlety that was escaping me, despite having found my way to the
bone-rt kernels.  I also hadn’t realized that a 4.1.x kernel was an option with
a Wheezy image.  You just saved me days, if not weeks, of trial and error, and
I really appreciate it.

> My experiences has in the past been to stick with the Wheezy image, and just
> upgrade the kernel to 4.1.x. Perhaps 4.4.x, but I'm still on the fence with
> that one. Then . . .
> remote_proc == *TI* kernel.
> uio_pruss     == *bone* kernel.

@Wally
Thank you too for sharing as well.  Derek’s book is a great resource!

Best,
ST

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5B4452E9-C99A-4DA3-A776-6B08A08A5A21%40gmail.com.