For instance, here are two such pins that do not need to be muxed prior to
exporting.

william@beaglebone:~/dev$ ls /sys/class/gpio/
export  gpiochip0  gpiochip32  gpiochip64  gpiochip96  unexport
william@beaglebone:~/dev$ echo 49 > /sys/class/gpio/export
william@beaglebone:~/dev$ echo 60 > /sys/class/gpio/export
william@beaglebone:~/dev$ ls /sys/class/gpio/
export  gpio49  gpio60  gpiochip0  gpiochip32  gpiochip64  gpiochip96
unexport

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoevGr5cy0ZDGzNSMJFZvgj3J9i5s_E9mgmBE0hOdKfAg%40mail.gmail.com.