On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Anna, Suman <s-a...@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>

> Yes, we have introduced pruss_intc new on 4.4 kernel and this module now
> manages the PRUSS INTC. It provides the irqchip/irqdomain which will allow
> client users to use standard DT properties for listing the PRU system events
> as interrupts and use standard Linux APIs. There is still some more work to
> be done there (ability to add system event to PRU channel mapping to host
> interrupt from DT) rather than having to provide that mapping data in
> firmware resource table, so the MPU-side clients can be cleanly separated
> and depend on Linux infrastructure alone.
>

> I am not sure how much the kernel you are using has caught up to the changes
> I have been doing on my tree, but there are a few changes over the last week
> where we added and switched over to PRU system events instead of mailboxes
> for scalability purposes (mailboxes would work too provided you choose
> mailboxes in DT over interrupts). This is what Jason was referring to as
> v5.0.0.

As of today, (4.4.12-ti-r31) we are sync'ed up with:

http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-rt-linux-4.4.y

http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel.git;a=commit;h=39452940d0e4710677b7e50638885cc27d2ce70c

Which includes the mailboxes -> pru system events replacmement:

http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel.git;a=commit;h=4cc71c5a52a1a9631a11b22524b2455baa3956ed

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYjeMwZzhEK43X50NPVRRB6C0fTuVcs0X4zepEW6U3kc1w%40mail.gmail.com.