I understood the process for accessing the GPIOs at run time but I'm unable
to do the same for UART.

I executed the following commands on the terminal window for accessing
UART, which I want to add into the
(init.genericam33xx(flatteneddevicetr.rc) file such that the commands could
be well executed automatically at run time, but I'm unable to understand as
to how do I do it.

commands:
echo BB-UART4 > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
chmod 0777 /dev/ttyO4

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/c780046d-b14d-4047-90f1-c3eaca528eeb%40googlegroups.com.