> Robert Nelson,
>
> About the service  /etc/init.d/networking
>
> did you modify it for the beaglebone black ?
>
> Because we know that the BBB have problem with ethernet. But where did you
> try to correct the problem ? In the networking service ? Did you put a
> sleep ?
>
> Where can I reduce the time of the execution of this service ?
>

> micka,

Yes, 14 seconds is too long to spend on a service of this nature.
Especially considering that here, I use a static IP, and it should spend 0
seconds waiting on the service.

As far as I can tell there is no way to change this. I spent a few hours
googling around, and experimenting with a few things, and none worked . . .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpqTGZ4HbUj6JOn-6TTjuu%2Bgw8JUKyoW_AMH%2B4EX_ganA%40mail.gmail.com.