I am trying to use the pin P8_13 for pwm.  When I load the overlay I the
power file is created but no duty, period, ... files are created.  I am
clearly doing something wrong.  I can't use the universal overlay because I
can't figure out how to load a one wire device in the universal overlay.
 With the universal overlay the pwm works perfectly.

I am using kernel 3.8.13-bone70

My overlay is as follows:

/ {
        compatible = "ti,beaglebone", "ti,beaglebone-black";

        /* identification */
        part-number = "BREW_PWM_P8_13";

        /* state the resources this cape uses */
        exclusive-use =
                /* the pin header uses */
                "P8.13",
                /* the hardware IP uses */
                "ehrpwm2B";

        fragment@0 {
                target = <&am33xx_pinmux>;
                __overlay__ {
                        brew_pwm_P8_13: pinmux_brew_pwm_P8_13 {
                                pinctrl-single,pins = <0x024 0x24>;
                        };
                };
        };

        fragment@1 {
                target = <&ocp>;
                __overlay__ {
                        brewery_pwm_P8_13 {
                                compatible      = "pwm_brew";
                                pwms            = <&ehrpwm2 1 500000 0>;
                                pwm-names       = "PWM_P8_13";
                                pinctrl-names   = "pwm";
                                pinctrl-0       = <&brew_pwm_P8_13>;
                                enabled         = <1>;
                                duty            = <0>;
                                status          = "okay";
                        };
                };
        };
};

when I load the overlay dmesg shows the overlay was accepted

the directory for the pwm pin is created and it has
modalias: a file
power: a directory
subsystem: a link
uevent: a file

I can't find the duty, period, ... files that are needed to control the pwm.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/436ed8be-8a43-4c05-8362-db54d0ecd28f%40googlegroups.com.