hello everybody from a newbie,

well, happily, my beaglebone white works just fine when connected to my pc
via usb. The power led is on and everything is fine, therefore  i suppose
that my bb board is still functional.
The case is though that i am going to need to provide external power supply
because i intend to connect my bb (through it's header pins) with an
external circuit and thus power from usb is not enough. While trying to do
so i face a power problem (i guess).
Let me explain you in short what's going on. As i said before the board is
working fine when powered from usb (and thus my pc). The problem is when i
power it from external power supply.
In specific when i supply 5V through a power supply the result is that the
power led doesn't turn on and the board is not functional.

So, do you have any suggestions about what is wrong? Let me emphasize that
in the past my bb was working just fine when powered from ac.

Thanks for any help in advance!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3ad1b46b-4a15-4338-844f-ef688da62c85%40googlegroups.com.