You would be better off using an audio codec for this purpose. Unfortunately,
the Audio Cape doesn’t bring out the microphone circuitry, but you could use a
audio preamp and connect to the audio cape audio input.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1BD250D9-4E58-4B6E-81F7-464C7145B8F9%40gmail.com.