Have you tried downloading an image from beagleboard.org and writing it to
an microSD card and booting from that?  I recommend the etcher utility for
writing the SD card.  Any of the images should work.

Once you've booted the SD card you can mount the eMMC with:

sudo mkdir /mnt/emmc
sudo mount  /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/emmc

And edit the uEnv.txt file in the eMMC:

sudo nano /mnt/emmc/uEnv.txt

If you've correctly fixed the uEnv.txt file, shutdown, remove the SD card
and you should be able to boot from the eMMC again.

Newer images create only a single partition, and use a "virtual MSDOS
partition" and only a single partition.  I prefer the new arrangement.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/f5f84f69-b54a-4246-91da-bd452d041d1a%40googlegroups.com.