Hey Everyone,

debian backports has been kindly enough to provide a systemd bump (230)
from (215) via backports.

I'd like to add this by default to our repo, as systemd 230 brings in some
nice enhancements.

Especially with regards to boottime..

v215 (x15)
17 seconds on average

v230 (x15)
debian@beaglebone:~$ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 4.439s (kernel) + 7.779s (userspace) = 12.218s

To "test" add this experimental repo:

deb [arch=armhf] http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian-exp/ jessie main

to: /etc/apt/sources.list

Then just:

sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ; sudo reboot

So, please test, if the results are positive, i'd like to move it our
default repo in a couple weeks..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYjQ_L9RkDeVf%2BEy1Vkqk6S5uRBNag75M4i5071T9dGDGg%40mail.gmail.com.