I have a project where the Beagle is collecting data in a remote location
so it must run off of batteries.  I need to power off everything on the
processor that can be, then I need it to be in a deep sleep mode, then
every 5 minutes or so, wake up, take some data and the go back to sleep.

What things can be powered off, both on chip and on board?  I see some
discussion about powering off the HDMI.  How do I do this?
Do I need to power off the PRUs?  What else?

I see *echo mem > /sys/power/state* puts the Bone into a low power mode.
 How do I get it out of the mode? Would a crontab entry wake things up?

Thanks for any help.

--Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9859c352-16f3-4d10-9b3c-302c44b05a12%40googlegroups.com.