Looks pretty good. I've never actually seen rust in the wild, and I'm not
even sure I've even heard of the language until now . . . Since there seems
to be a language born every 5 seconds now days. I've personally no interest
in learning all.

May I make a suggestion ?

An example that blinks the on board USR LEDs could be handy. In that a
person could run the code without having to hook up any external
electronics. I know this is nothing super special, but it would allow
beginner hobbyist to see something right away.

I've been considering writing a 'bit pattern interface' between userspace
and the PRU's myself. In order to control the on board USR LEDs. Just as a
demonstration. But alas my assembly skills are far rustier( no pun intended
) than I care to admit. I've also even considered writing a modified
uio_pruss driver. . .but first I would have to read up on several things.
Then, find the time.

In the meantime I think I'll try to learn something form what you've done
here. Thanks for sharing !

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqXtFHH4KZUt%3DzPjYiJu3Y7erbN1k9QOQm5jPEjvNOeLw%40mail.gmail.com.