Hi William,

I couldn't find anything in the uEnv.txt having uname. I am attaching the
uEnv.txt file here again for reference.

The BBB currently has a flashed Ubuntu image from :
https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/2016-09-09/flasher/BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-16.04.1-console-armhf-2016-09-09-2gb.img.xz
And I am trying to flash it with a Debian image from :
https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz

I am not sure about the Ubuntu one, but I think the one below is definitely
official, as it was mentioned on the BBB official site itself :
http://beagleboard.org/latest-images

Also interesting was that of the contents of /boot you mentioned, I went
into the Ext4 partition of the uSD card and into /boot and found only one
directory called "uboot" with No files inside. The directory was empty.

But when I checked the FAT16 partition of the uSD, I found some of the
files you mentioned, which I was supposed to find in /boot           (red
colored files are the ones I couldn't find)

SOC.sh                        config-4.4.14-ti-r34
initrd.img-4.4.14-ti-r34      uboot
System.map-4.4.14-ti-r34      config-4.4.14-ti-rt-r34
initrd.img-4.4.14-ti-rt-r34   vmlinuz-4.4.14-ti-r34
System.map-4.4.14-ti-rt-r34   config-4.4.8-ti-r22
initrd.img-4.4.8-ti-r22       vmlinuz-4.4.14-ti-rt-r34
System.map-4.4.8-ti-r22       config-4.4.9-bone-rt-r10
initrd.img-4.4.9-bone-rt-r10  vmlinuz-4.4.8-ti-r22
System.map-4.4.9-bone-rt-r10  dtbs                      uEnv.txt

vmlinuz-4.4.9-bone-rt-r10

I found these additional files and directories which you haven't mentioned :
App           (directory)
debug         (directory)
Docs          (directory)
Drivers       (directory)
scripts       (directory)
flash-eMMC.txt
ID.txt
initrd.img
MLO
u-boot.img
zImage

I am using Win32 Disk Imager to transfer the contents of the .img file to
the SD card.
I used 'DiskInternals Linux Reader' to access the contents of the SD card's
Linux Partition.

Inside the 'dtbs' folder, I found the following :
am335x-boneblack.dtb
am335x-bone.dtb
am335x-evm.dtb
am335x-evmsk.dtb
am335x-tester.dtb
omap2420-h4.dtb
omap3-beagle.dtb
omap3-beagle-xm.dtb
omap3-evm.dtb
omap3-tobi.dtb
omap4-panda-a4.dtb
omap4-panda.dtb
omap4-panda-es.dtb
omap4-sdp.dtb
omap4-var-som.dtb
omap5-evm.dtb

I am surprised that your directory and file structure and mine are
completely different.
Am I doing something wrong here ?

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 03:54:58 UTC+5:30, William Hermans wrote:

> As with anything else computer related. You should be mindful of where you
> get your OS images from. Clearly the one the OP is working with is not a
> standard "official" image. Since Robert has not built any using a FAT
> partition in quite some time. As in more than a year ago.
>
> So in order to get better help. You should be contacting the people from
> where you got your image from. As no one here is likely familiar with that
> image. Unless the person who created it also lurks here.
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlf...@ix.netcom.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:55:42 -0700 (PDT), Viswadeep Sarangi
>> <deepu...@gmail.com <javascript:>> declaimed the
>> following:
>>

>> >But when I started the BBB after flashing. Only the first two LEDs
>> flashed
>> >and stayed lit ( USR0 and USR1). But nothing else happened. It's been
>> like
>>
>>         USR1 is defined to be SD card access, and USR3 is the eMMC.
>>
>>         But where in the OS those get controlled I can't say... nor if
>> any of
>> the third-party OS releases don't bother installing the handlers for the
>> LEDs.
>>
>> >Any idea what might be happening and how I can fix it  ?
>>
>>         My first suggestion would be to revert to a 2GB compatible
>> official
>> image first -- which would be this old one:
>>
>> https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz
>>
>>         If the BBB won't run that after flashing (and removing the SD
>> card) you
>> have some significant problem. Actually, I'd suggest first booting an SD
>> card with
>>
>> https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz
>> just to make sure the BBB runs with that OS, period... THEN flash the eMMC
>> and check that it still runs.
>>
>>         IF you get the unit to run with the 2GB flasher image above...
>> THEN try
>> your third party OS on the SD card in a NON-flasher mode; ensure that OS
>> works before flashing it to the eMMC... And make sure it does fit
>> (depending on how "GB" is being computed -- you may still be running over:
>> decimal 2GB is only binary 1.86GB).
>> --
>>         Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>>     wlf...@ix.netcom.com <javascript:>    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/vkn0ubt4p12lnqa6idda3ort0croord1pd%404ax.com
>> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9827bb7d-dd01-4163-b669-95dc4786d2bf%40googlegroups.com.
##Video: Uncomment to override:
##see:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt
#kms_force_mode=video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768@60e

##Enable systemd
systemd=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd

##BeagleBone Cape Overrides

##BeagleBone Black:
##Disable HDMI/eMMC
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

##Disable HDMI
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN

##Audio Cape (needs HDMI Audio disabled)
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI
#cape_enable=capemgr.enable_partno=BB-BONE-AUDI-02

##Example
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=
#cape_enable=capemgr.enable_partno=

##WIP: v3.14+ capes..
#cape=ttyO1
#cape=

##note: the eMMC flasher script relies on the next line
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro
mmcrootfstype=ext4 rootwait fixrtc

##These are needed to be compliant with Angstrom's 2013.06.20 u-boot.
console=ttyO0,115200n8

kernel_file=zImage
initrd_file=initrd.img

loadaddr=0x82000000
initrd_addr=0x88080000
fdtaddr=0x88000000

initrd_high=0xffffffff
fdt_high=0xffffffff

loadkernel=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${loadaddr} ${kernel_file}
loadinitrd=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${initrd_addr} ${initrd_file}; setenv
initrd_size ${filesize}
loadfdt=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${fdtaddr} /dtbs/${fdtfile}

loadfiles=run loadkernel; run loadinitrd; run loadfdt
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=tty0 console=${console} ${optargs}
${cape_disable} ${cape_enable} ${kms_force_mode} root=${mmcroot}
rootfstype=${mmcrootfstype} ${systemd}

uenvcmd=run loadfiles; run mmcargs; bootz ${loadaddr}
${initrd_addr}:${initrd_size} ${fdtaddr}
#