The oxidation is a common issue on the ferrite inductors. It is related to
exposure to heat and is cosmetic in nature. We think we have a way to
prevent that so we will be implementing that on the next round of boards.
Here is a little blurb from DigiKey about it
http://www.digikey.com/en/pdf/v/vishay-dale/effect-surface-oxidation-ihlp

As to the other three issues, those are related to updating these boards
from the TI X15 EVM use to the BeagleBoard-X15 use. None of these will be
the case on the actual B1 run of boards.

-Removal of the jumpers and addition of the resistors. Looks like a
soldering iron slip. Should not have gone out.
-Addition of the Heatsink. Missed inspection.
-Addition of the fan connector. Not sure what the issue was there, but
should not be an issue on the full production run as it is mounted by
default, not as a modiication.
-Removal of current measurement headers (Totally removed on the B1 version).

These will be correct on the production run.

Gerald

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:51 AM, <czinge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two weeks ago, I got four boards from RS Components. Ordering process was
> smooth, BUT: One of them was missing the heat sink, had filled fan
> connector pins, smelled like it got too hot, was scratched, had rusty
> inductors,...
>
> Seems as if I got a used A2 prototype... But yes, they still have some in
> stock ;)
>
> Claudius
>
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 10:46:08 PM UTC+2, David Culp wrote:
>>
>> I see that production runs should start hitting distribution soon.  Will
>> the board be available anywhere besides RS Components?

> msgid/beagleboard/0478ac7b-435f-45e7-a667-6eb4bcf5bb14%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0478ac7b-435f-45e7-a667-6eb4bcf5bb14%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Gerald

ger...@beagleboard.org