Hi Danny,

No, I did not get spi2 working (SPI1_XXXX pins on P9 header) with all the
other pins enabled.   I gave up for now.   Wasn't sure what to try next...
  Maybe I don't understand William Hermans' instructions.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/c2cea887-03cd-4dc6-a4eb-f58fa9cf8dbb%40googlegroups.com.