Hi Claudius!

remoteproc loads elf files only. You'll have to use a C compiler or
transform the pasm binaries to elf format in order to load them.

And it's still experimental. It may work in entertainment applications, but
for hard real time use cases in closed loop comtrollers t's much too slow
and will never be an alternative for uio_pruss, unless the concept gets
addapted massively (faster booting, less resources consumption, ...). So
for me there's no chance to switch. Full sure I'll continue to use pasm and
uio_pruss.

Now I upgraded one BBB to Kernel 4.7.x and getting access to /dev/uio0
> became unreliable (unloading kernel modules, changing dev tree, reloading,
> repeat).

What kind of trouble did you get? Can you explain more details, please. I
tested 4.1 and 4.4 versions without problems.

Regards.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/4ffa19e8-e655-45ea-9017-c6d5af959af4%40googlegroups.com.